MandaPandasQuestForAsianBabies

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hong Kong Day 47: Disneyland


Here we are in front of cinderella's castle: from left to right: ho, kenneth, me, henry, jayson, kinnex, justin, sean, chenny, keith, tony, and kenneth

So today I had a super cool opportunity to go to Disneyland for free! I had no interest in going to Disney because it is not as large or extensive as the disneys in the usa. Here is how I got this opportunity. Today is Justin’s birfday –Justin is one of my soccer friends here by the by. His best friend, Keith who I had not met,…well keith’s sister works at Disney and was able to get him 12 free tickets. Henry asked keith if I could come too. He said it was ok, and I really hope it was because it was an amazing deal and I had a good time. The other people from the reu group went to see the temple with 10,000 buddhas, but I have seen way tooo many temples while being here, I would have wondered the streets of hong kong alone rather than go to that temple. Anywho… I met them at the mtr. Tony had a pink shirt with a marijuana leaf on it. I asked him if he knew what it was… he said no and that this symbol is not universally known in hong kong. I though this was funny so I took a picture of us.

We got to go on a separate mtr line to get to Disney and it was cute. I had fun at Disney because it was fun to be with the guys. I met Keith and Kenneth and they were very nice. Kenneth had just gotten back from the united kingdom after studying there. His English was good and I enjoyed chatting with him about Great Britain. The weather was sucky because there is typhoon coming towards hong kong –I hope it clears up by the end of next week. So because the weather was not that good, I don’t think it was that crowded at Disney even though it was a Saturday.

Ho, Sean, Me, and Henry on mtr (not the disney one though)
Here is a photo of me with Jayson(on the left) and Kenneth the kid who went to G.B (on the right)Disney as a whole was more what I expected than ocean park. Yes, it is very childish…but that was expected…Disney is mostly for children. Disneyland was smaller than other disneylands, but the quality of it was better than ocean park…ocean park tried to do too many things. Disneyland HK only tried to mimic Disney in the usa, and did a rather decent job. I don’t know which one I liked better between ocean park and Disneyland. They are different the jellyfish and pandas were so fun in ocean park, but the rides were not as intense as a park with rollarcoasters should be. Disney did not have as intense rides, but they should not have had them because it was for children. It had more shows and story line rides. And those were childish and a little boring, but still nice. It was ok overall and worth going because it was free and fun to be with my friends. I had fun listening to the guys laugh at Disney and the childishness of it. They especially liked to play in this water play area. Here is a photo of it.
Here is a photo of me with Justin (the birfday boy) in Adventureland


It was strange watching the parades and having everyone be asian though! =) even Ariel had an asian face with a red wig. My favorite thing was this 3d show. It was done well and referenced many of my favorite Disney movies. Space mountain was fun to go on with sean because he hates rollarcoasters. =D his face was soo funny on the photo the ride took of us! it was strange because a woman asked me to take a picture with her. I thought she meant to take a picture of her and her husband, but I was wrong. She just wanted a picture of her with me. How strange!. I thought maybe it was because I put my hair up in mini-pigtails. But sam told me that in Beijing people asked to take a picture of her a lot. She said it is because we have blond hair and are white. Still a strange concept. I hope it was not because she thought I looked so funny! I will probably think of other interesting things to write about, but it is getting late so I will continue with my night. But first a few photos:

Here is Henry and I doing a buzzlightyear ride in which we shoot bad guys, i just made our car spin around. Don't I look so scary?
Here i am with sean and jayson after the ride: they are so funny!
After Disney, we left around 6 or 6:30. So I had no problem making it to Mong Kok to meet chelsea and the rest of them (except Guangming—but does he ever go anywhere with us? haha). Tomorrow is Chelsea’s birfday so she wanted us to celebrate and go out to eat at the Spaghetti House. I was so glad that I was not too late. The food was ok, nothing special. Chelsea liked it though so that was good. It was a good time. Then we all came back and I went running. That was a BAD decision because I still had fettuccini all in my stomach. I stopped after 30 mins because I began to feel sick. Everyone was in my room when I got back and they had champagne for chelsea’s birfday and some other drinks. I tried a sip of champagne because I have never had it…and in honor of chelsea’s birfday. It was not that good. I don’t understand why people bother to acquire the taste for alcohol. I will be happy to leave it. I guess it was a good enough reason to have my first taste of alcohol since turning 21. It was fun because it was Chelsea, Mike, Andrea, Sam, Meghan, Michael, and Dr, Fairweather all partying in my room. Very cute. =) anyways tomorrow I think I will spend most of it shopping for gifts for people. I will wear my crazy new baggy pants. =) hehe.
Hmm also benjamin’s brother is getting married at about this time I think. That is strange to think about. Hehe.

To see more photos from Disneyland go here: http://tayloru.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2006748&l=fcf5f&id=179200873


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home