MandaPandasQuestForAsianBabies

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Hong Kong Day 17: Temple Street Market

Today work went late because we had presentations that lasted 2 hours. That was nice…haha. Afterwards all of us but guangming went to the Temple Street Market. To get here you get off at the Jordan. This market runs from 7pm-11pm. It is called Men’s street or Men’s market I think. I liked it better than Ladies market because the sale people are not as buggy and pesty. There are different things here and some very crude joke type things.

But man! the old men at this market were so strange! I had Michael take my picture and an old man behind me said, “ahhh SEX!” I suppose he meant sexy, he made me and Michael laugh. Later I asked Michael what he had bought from the market and as he opened his bag to show me his purchase, an old man came about 2 feet away to see it too. Michael had bought a cd of Cantonese Love Songs. The old man winked, gave us the thumbs up sign and said very good! Haha. Anyways I bought a necklace and bracelet for a total of 10 us dollars. I like them and some postcards –which I need to send soon! Gosh I am horrid! Mike, Michael, Meghan, Andrea, Sam, and Chelsea went to a bar down a few stations because it was ladies drink free night. I left to go back and talk to Benjamin =) and relax here. I made it back all by myself from Jordan to Kowloon Tong!! I am so good!

Tomorrow I am going to meet one of Kenneth’s hk girl friends to go shopping. I am nervous but I hope it goes ok. She is worried I will not fit in the clothes. Perhaps she thinks all American girls are porkers!! Haha but I am nervous too!! I just hope I don’t make too much of a fool of myself.
PS. We ate at a restaurant in festival walk and their water that they served had apples in them instead of lemon or lime. It was weird. Also a few days ago Chelsea and I saw 4 tiny asian kids doing a dance in the middle of festival walk. It was so strange and rather funny. The kids were sooo thin and doing lots of dancing of moving their hips. I cannot explain it. Maybe when I get back to the usa, I will demonstrate. Anywho I should get ready for bed =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home