MandaPandasQuestForAsianBabies

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hong Kong Day 16:

I actually was able to sleep well last night! So that made my day start off well. Too bad usa lost. But I suppose that was expected. Anywho, today was a very good day. At work we got a program to work (at least we thought so). And to celebrate we popped some popcorn. Man I have missed popcorn. This wasn’t the best popcorn but it was still good. After work, we ate at the hotel restaurant. We asked for the noodle dish without soup and instead with fried rice and it was excellent. I was upset with the service though. It was somewhat busy, but six other tables got seated after us and each of them got their food before us. and they didn’t fill up our tea when we drank it all. I was very annoyed especially because I was going to play soccer right after dinner and it took a lot longer than expected. So after dinner I went to play soccer at 7 (15 mins late, but not a big deal at all!). we played against some good teams and it was fun. They are always impressed whenever I do something good. Hong Kong girls do not play soccer I guess, and they don’t normally ride roller coasters either. (lame!!) haha but they are too beautiful I guess to play sports or ride crazy rides. Oh well. Anyways we played for a long time and then went to a restaurant and watched the end of the korea vs togo world cup game. It was exciting because korea won after being down 1. it was strange. The guys said that the restaurant was very dirty so they cleaned out the bowls and chopsticks and spoons before eating. That is so strange because in the usa, that restaurant would not be allowed to run –at least I doubt people would eat there. I didn’t eat since I had had dinner and because even after 2 weeks of being here, my chopstick abilities are HORRENDOUS!! I demonstrated my superb chopstick skills by eating some common vegetable and well it went so well that I did not eat anything else. almost all of the guys walked me back to my hotel “to protect me” haha how sweet and nice. It was definitely unnecessary but I enjoy their company so I will not complain. But it is midnight and I better get to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home