MandaPandasQuestForAsianBabies

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Hong Kong Day 15

I have a cell phone now. The number is 95334308, in hk the numbers are 8 digits not 7. now I can be cool and have a cell glued to my ear like all the locals here. This will also be convenient for when benj and my family come visit.

Today at work, we just read things and met with Dr. Fairweather. Dr. Sun did not seem upset and said for this week we need to just work at understanding all the papers we have been given. It is still very difficult, but slowly getting easier each time I read things. We went grocery shopping afterwards and Chelsea and I got a lot of food for the week.

After work I decided to try doing some sprints. Man!! I am soooooooo out of shape. It is so pathetic. I think I run on a track that is about 8 laps per mile. And I would sprint half a lap and jog the rest. I felt sick after 12 mins of this. How pathetic. I kept running until 17 mins then jogged back to the hotel. It was funny though, this old man was walking the opposite direction of me around the track and after I sprinted past him a few times, he stopped and said, you very fast and gave me a thumbs up sign. How adorable, after that moment I tried to run faster when he was in view. Haha.

After running, Kinnex met Andrea, Chelsea, and I and we went to this place where the golden computer arcade store is. This store has all imaginable computer/electronic stuff. All four of us met Pui there because he lives so close. I bought some burnable cds at the store for a lot less than they are in the states. and andrea and Chelsea bought headsets so they can use skype. Skype definitely is the way to go communicate with the US. Then we walked to this mall that was more where the locals go. It was very nice and a lot cheaper than festival walk. I enjoyed talking to Pui and one lady asked him if I was his English teacher. Kinnex had to go feed his girlfriend and then met up with us again and we went to a restaurant. We got a lot of stares because the menu was all in Cantonese and we probably were some of the few Americans who had ever been there. Chelsea got a chocolate shake –though it tasted a lil different. Kinnex did his best to give Andrea a lemonade. He did a good job and she liked it –it was a slushi of some kind. I told him to just get me anything, so he got me this strange shakey drink with watermelon and mango and mango and some other fruits. It was good –very fruity and I had my first mango. It was very yummy. Also for dinner I got some pink guava juice from the store that was fabulous. Anywho I also tried some strange thing that was in kinnex’s drink. It was from Taiwan and tasted kinda like a weird gummy bear. Anyways. After that we had to go, and I need to get to sleep. This past week I have not slept well. I go to bed at midnight or 11:30 and by 2am I still have not fallen asleep. Last night it was so bad I took some of the sleeping pills I used for the plane ride. Unfortunately that made me drowsy in the morning. Ok I will get off now! Buhbye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home