MandaPandasQuestForAsianBabies

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Hong Kong Day 26:

Since Benjamin’s flight got cancelled –and as far as I know/hope he is in the air right now coming to visit, I will take a break from work and update you all on my oh-so-exciting life (BLAH!).

So last night was alright. I was in the worst mood!! ---sooo grouchy! I definitely was a pill to be around. Everyone from the reu group –including our own dr. fairweather went down to Victoria harbor/ avenue of stars to watch the light show. I think I liked watching it from the revolving restaurant better than at the harbor. And although the light show wasn’t the most exciting thing I have ever seen ---remember I don’t even get impressed by fireworks (yeah yeah im a drag), the music was FANTASTIC though Hahahahaahaha. Oh man. Anywho I still enjoyed watching the city lights at night.
There are pics (warning some are very blurry!) here on my facebook album: http://tayloru.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2006229&l=2f3c0&id=179200873

Then we went to this German bar. Since they had food everyone decided to eat there too, but I could not find anything worth eating that wasn’t like 100 hk dollars. (a little exaggeration, but still!!). So mike was a nice guy and walked with me until we found a mcdonalds –brianne, I did not eat a cheeseburger, but I had a very good hamburger and chocolate shake. =) then we went back. The problem was that we all wanted to watch the USA vs Ghana game, but all the bars only were showing the Italy vs. Chezch rep. (however you abbreviate that country). I don’t blame the bars. People hate Americans and besides the Italy game was going to be better. So we walked around trying to find a bar. Mike and I went ahead and look around the area, but alas we could not find any. So mike and I went back to a quiet bar to watch it. Kinnex informed me that I was very boring because I did not order any alcohol or even a soft drink. I did not feel like spending money especially since Benjamin was coming the next day. Anyways I really enjoyed watching the italy game and enjoyed cheering for italy. I expected that mike and I would meet up with the others at half time, but Mike didn’t seem to want to and I was pleased with the large screen and somewhat quiet atmosphere of the bar. I also enjoyed being able to explain things to mike as we watched the game. Granted I still think he hates soccer, but maybe he at least could appreciate it a little… prolly not. But then after the game we left and went back here. I was excited because I thought I was going to see Benjamin.

Unfortunately the next morning I did not check my email because I was getting stuff ready to see Benjamin. So I didn’t know until I was at work that his flight had been cancelled. It sounds like a lot of crap that he had to deal with. I think he was on the plane for 6 hrs before they decided to cancel the flight. How frustrating. My poor little boyfriend haha. He was pretty livid here is some of an email he sent me
“We got on the plane to Hong Kong, sat at the gate for about an hour and half waiting for "traffic to clear", then we got out there and they realized Fuel was spilling out of one of the wings. So they cleaned up that fuel..that took another good solid hour. Then we went out to the runway to take off...and they realized more fuel had spilled ...so they spent another hour checking it again....then they said we were about to leave......then after another hour of sitting there they said "we've burned too much fuel to make it to Hong Kong now, we're cancelling the flight." So then we sat for another 2 HOURS just waiting for them to take us back to the gate so we could at least get off the plane. So all in all I spent about 6 hours today sitting on the damn O'Hare tarmack doing shit nothing and sure not getting any closer to you. This is such a giant load. Oh and then just to add insult to injury we waited over an hour for them to give us our hotel passes, and then waited another hour and half for a shuttle to come pick us up for the hotel. No one has ever butchered anything as badly as they have done all day.”

Aww, I hope he can stay an extra day after all this trouble. Anyways, after finding out about all that, I was sad and it was hard to work, but it is ok. I came back from work and continued to work most of the evening –except for a break to run for 50 mins woo woo haha. I will wake up tomorrow and work some. Then I am hoping to maybe take a day off next week if Benjamin can stay an extra day. But that has left me with an OH SO EXTREMELY boring evening. I think meghan and sam went shopping. I let andrea use my cityu pass to use the pool with Chelsea, but Chelsea got sick. And has been sick all evening. So mike came over and watched crash with her. I like that movie a lot so I watched bits and pieces as I worked. I hope she feels better.

Tomorrow most people are going to a beach and some are going to macau, and guangming is going to mainland china –I think. I will not go because I will wait for Benjamin to get in. instead I will wake up work a few hours. Maybe walk over to cityU and use their pool for a few hours before going to meet Benjamin at his hotel. Poor guy he has been in the same clothes for the past few days. Anways hopefully you wont here from me in a while whilst I entertain my boo. Meanwhile here are links to my pictures from ocean park and some of my hk friends.
Ocean park: http://tayloru.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2006105&l=48a5f&id=179200873
HK friends *sorry for repeats* http://tayloru.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2006004&l=51d16&id=179200873




Here we are as a group ---yeah i cant decide what the expression on my face is. annoyance? fear? boredom? whatever it is oh well everyone else looks good =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home