MandaPandasQuestForAsianBabies

Monday, July 17, 2006

Hong Kong Day 48

Today was a day full of shopping. I woke up at 9:30…thanks to the construction. Then I went to the jade market and bought some more gifts for family and I bought myself a black necklace with matching earrings and bracelet. Then Sam and I met Mike and we walked along the bird market and flower market (of course mike bought some flowers!). It was amazing how many flowers there were. And it was also amazing how many birds there were! All of it was very scrunched together too. But other than that, it was not worth looking at for very long. After that I was so gross that I went back with them and took a shower.
Here I am at the flower market















Because Chelsea slept most of the day and was just going to eat leftovers, I did not have plans for dinner. So since Ives and I had talked about meeting for dinner, I left him a message with my cell number and told him that if he was free, I could meet him for dinner. So while I was shopping he called me and so we met and ate at a Japanese restaurant in TST. It was delicious! But he did not let me pay =/ it was very nice of him. He also was so generous and bought me a traditional style Chinese jacket. It is very cool!! After dinner we walked around TST and went to Victoria harbor. Then we went to mong kok and took photos in this game arcade place. It was so crowded with everyone getting photos in the little photo-booth thing. We have them in the usa, but not as many. You can get stickers and also a card thing. It was crazy because you can write on them and add things to them. It was fun. I think we looked good. I especially liked the photos we took for the sticker ones. Anyways after that he walked me back to my hotel and showed me his school from when he was young. Now I am very tired so I will finally go to bed. goodnight everyone!
Here I am with Ives!














PS I think that I forgot to mention, the reason hk people do not like Disney as much as ocean park I think mostly is because they have not watched the Disney movies…so how are they supposed to get the references or jokes? They cannot appreciate Disney even though it is for children! Hehe. Anyways I think that is interesting and I believe that hk people are missing out by not seeing all the Disney movies =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home